Soludo, Utomi six others visit Nnamdi Kanu in prison
– The leader of the indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has been receiving visitors at Kuje prison
– Some prominent Nigerians visited the IPOB leader on Tuesday, February 28
– They were led by former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor, Dr Chukwuma Soludo
|Soludo, Utomi lead powerful delegation to visit Nnamdi Kanu in Kuje prison – AM NEWS|
The leader of the indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu played host to some prominent Nigerians on Tuesday, February 28.
Former CBN governor, Professor Chukwuma Soludo and renowned economist, Dr Pat Utomi led the delegation to Kuje prison, where Kanu is currently in detention.
While the purpose of the visit is not yet clear at the time of this report, NAIJ.com gathered that the visit was made under the umbrella of Nzuko Umuna, a coalition of Igbo group.
According to NAIJ.com some that group cuts across all the major groups in the South-east including those in diaspora.
Tony Nnadi, the secretary general of the Lower Niger Congress who was part of the visit said that the group will work with all aggrieved Igbo groups.
Nnadi said: “We have announced a process, on January 1, 2017, the LNC rolled out a registration of three million volunteers who want a referendum.”
“The matter now is how to put a date for the referendum and go to vote.”
Below is a full list of the delegation:
1. Chukwuma Soludo – Former CBN governor
2. Pat Utomi – Renowned economist
3. Tony Nnadi – Secretary general of LNC
4. Udenta Udenta – National secretary of Alliance Democracy
5. Emeka Ugwuoju – Chairman South-east, South-south professionals
6. Collins Ugwu
7. Law Mefor
8. Ferdinand Agu